You're Forgiven,Move On! | That's Messed Up! | Nouman Ali Khan (English)

12:17:00 PM


Salam Alikum wa Rahmatu-Allah, Adullah
 Wa-alikum Assalam

What's going on, man? You wanted to talk to me about one of your friends, or something

Yeah, I was playing ball with a guy

And afterwards, we did the whole Eid Mubarak thing but he felt like he could not even celebrate Eid because he felt like he had done some things in his past and that that had kind of taken him too far and everyone around him was making him feel bad, like there was no hope. I tried to talk to him but at some point I don't know

I meet a lot of these people, but subhanallah
We are far more merciless towards people, and it's ironic, we expect all this mercy from Allah for ourselves and we don't give any of it to people.
So those people mess up, fine
some people do Haram things, some people do like epic,
Super, Extra, Haram squared things

And other people find out about it, and they will say things like
Oh you will never be forgiven, Allah is never going to forgive you, dude!
You, forget it! you are so going to hell!

and that kind of thing, and you hear that enough times, you get guilt-tripped enough times you start believing it. but the problem is if you start believing that you are not going to be forgiven then you really have no motivation left to do anything good in your life
like, why would you
I mean, why would I even pray?
I'm going to go hell anyway!
Why would I care about my parents? why would I speak the truth? why would I stay away from more Haram? it does not matter anymore, anyway
I am already done.
Yeah, just add it on!

you know how much worse can it already get? that kind of a thing so when I try to talk to people about this state which is not something easy to pull out of

so you can give a reminder because Allah said "Remind! remind!
It will have its own benefit. It will give some benefit

But this is something that has be done like, reinforced. That is why "Remind!" is mentioned
you can't just tell someone a good thing once You gotta, like stay with people like that.

like a lot of people say "I watch your videos, I watched that same video like ten times",
I was like "yeah, I hoped that helped" because, somethings you need to hear over and over again you can't just hear it once, right?

One time I was telling somebody to have hope, and I said "let me tell you about Musa (pbuh)
and she stopped me, she goes "No, no, no! but those are prophets!
those are such awesome people!

you know I'm messed up! I made so many mistakes, so give me something I can relate to."

and I was like, "hold on a second, I'm going to tell you about Musa before he was a prophet, not after, but before he was a prophet he kinda, sorta, (pbuh) did mess up, a little bit"
She's like "Whaaatt?!
prophet?! messed up?!"

I said "Yeah, he got upset and he punched a guy and,he kinda died

and then he was wanted for murder in Egypt, and there was an order to kill him on sight, and he had to kinda run away and he was as a fugitive from the law

I mean, I am sure you have done something bad
but murder?
that is pretty big

Is that relevant?! maybe if we can see how he can find hope
maybe we can use that to find hope ourselves

So it is important to know he was not a prophet yet, because if he is a prophet then he talks to Allah and Allah talks to him, yes?
but if he is not a prophet, he talks to Allah but Allah does not yet talk to him, just like us

We talk to Allah all the time, we pray all the time, but Allah does not talk back to us so we ask forgiveness, but we do not get a message from Allah saying you are forgiven, so we do not know where it stands

so now, what is awesome about his story
is that as soon as he punched the guy and he died, and he said that "this is from the work of Satan,
he turned to Allah and said, "Master, I have wronged myself"
he admitted that he did something wrong
"forgive me"
"forgive me" OK
does Allah talk to him? no, because he is not a prophet yet but the Ayah of the Quran says "Therefore, He forgave him"

the Ayah says Therefore, He forgave him", so "forgive me!"

"Therefore, He forgave him"
and the letter "Faa'" in Arabic is for: Therefore (Sababyiah)
It's also for immediacy so therefore he forgave him immediately

And then he says, and you would read that,
and go "wait! just like that?
he killed someone!"
and he didn't, like, grovel and beg for an apology for years and years and years
"Oh Allah, Am I forgiven or not? What's gonna happen?"

He asked Allah immediately sincerely, "I have made a huge mistake, forgive me" and how long before the forgiveness arrives? It's done
and if you are doubting it
the ayah ends 'There is no doubt about it, He is the Extremely Forgiving, always Loving and Merciful"

You can get murder forgiven if it was a sincere mistake and you sincerely turn to Allah
that what happens with Musa (pbuh)

I'm not suggesting somebody go do murder
what I am saying is that, probably your mistake is not that big
it is not that big

You know, killing someone is probably one of the highest sins against humanity,why?
because Allah says "If you killed one person, It is as though you have killed humanity all together"

why is that? I mean, think about the logic behind it.
if you kill one person
that's one person, there is billion of people, so how is it the same as killing all humanity?
imagine someone killed Adam
what happens? there is no humanity left

this person has entire future generation of people under him and all human being are direct descendants of Adam so they have the same status of Adam (pbuh)

So, murder is not a small deal and yet Allah will leave the door open even for that level of crime, imagine!

So there might be somebody, like, one day there is somebody who becomes Muslim who did commit murder, who was in jail or something for committing murder and he's thinking that "Allah will never forgive me"
well, he should read Musa (pbuh) story

you can be as great, I mean,
he is, after being that...
and you know what? every body in Egypt thinks of him as what?
A killer, a criminal, a fugitive

And Allah raises him to the level of a prophet and the most mentioned prophet in the Quran
think about that

To you think you have made a mistake and it is over for you

Yes maybe in the eyes of people, because people are cheap with their forgiveness, Allah is not
Allah gives., HE's just waiting for you to ask genuinely

so, if people just sincerely ask Allah to forgive them, turn around
and by the way he did not ask for forgiveness, he says, and here is the really cool part
so, OK, fine, Allah forgave immediately but I kept saying Allah does not talk to him

so does he know that Allah forgave him?
No. but in the very next Ayah
he says "Master, because the favor you have done to me, I will never back up criminals again"
wait, what favor did Allah do to him?

He just killed somebody, asked for forgiveness because he got conned by the other guy , he backed up the criminal so he punched the wrong guy and now he says
"Because of the favor you did to me, I will never back up a criminal again" so what is the favor? the favor is forgiveness. but then the question is
How does he know about the forgiveness?
Allah does not talk to him, you know what we are learning here?

If you are a sincere believer in Allah, you do not need revelation from Allah, like an angel coming and telling you "you are forgiven"

When you sincerely ask for forgiveness
You should actually have no doubt  whatsoever
That forgiveness came, it is a matter of fact
Tt is not a matter of assumption

Not to a believer and since he is a believer, he does not have to be a prophet to know that, he just knows it subhanallah, so you do not have to like "I wonder if Allah forgave me?"

The only thing you should wonder is was my apology and was my seeking of forgiveness sincere? was it genuine? was it heartfelt? if it was then you have your answer

=Abdullah: and then you still have to deal with the people around

Yeah, you have to deal with the consequences and all of that and that's easy because once you have Allah's forgiveness then Allah makes dealing with the consequences easy because now Allah is on your side

When you have not sought Allah's forgiveness then you do not have Allah on your side because you abandoned HIM

Apologize to HIM first, and then, yes, you will have to deal with the wrong you have done to other people but HE will help you deal with it, HE will help you make right out of the wrong as best you possibly can so people like that should have hope insha'Allah

And you know, be encouraging and kinda slip things here and there. Don't give up on people like that,
and do not let them kinda fade away because usually when they get depressed like that, they stop showing up to play ball or whatever and you do not see then anymore.

And you are like I wonder what happened and you hear even more messed up things about them, you know
so kind of stay in touch, maybe drop a text message kinda reach out to them just every once in a while

You do not have to give them this lecture, you just kind of like just throw in a few good words of encouragement here and there and it will help insha'Allah
Thank you very much.

Share this :

Previous
Next Post »
1 Komentar
avatar

Assalamualaikum, tolong cek pesan YouTube (mungkin pesannya keluar di email) #urgent

Balas

Penulisan markup di komentar
  • Silakan tinggalkan komentar sesuai topik. Komentar yang menyertakan link aktif, iklan, atau sejenisnya akan dihapus.
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode gunakan <i rel="code"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan kode panjang gunakan <i rel="pre"> kode yang akan disisipkan </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan quote gunakan <i rel="quote"> catatan anda </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan gambar gunakan <i rel="image"> URL gambar </i>
  • Untuk menyisipkan video gunakan [iframe] URL embed video [/iframe]
  • Kemudian parse kode tersebut pada kotak di bawah ini
  • © 2015 Simple SEO ✔